Friday, April 27, 2007

Vitamins in a Can?


Most of you know, and now that I think of it, if you don't know this fact you've probably arrived at this blog in error. Charlotte loves Diet Coke. Some people have their caffeine hot in the morning drinking coffee to start their day (that would include me). Not Charlotte, she takes hers cold. The kids know to run out to the fridge full of Diet Coke in the garage and bring Mom a Diet Coke when my beauty awakens each day. They are actually quite sweet and if I wasn't worried they'd burn themselves, or spill it I'd enjoy receiving my coffee from cute little hands accompanied by a kiss from some sweet little lips too.

Coke just launched a new product, Diet Coke Plus. Apparently, at least according to the back of the Diet Coke Plus can, one may now enjoy 25% of their recommended daily allowance of B12, Niacin, Zinc and a few other vitamins. Yes, it's true, there are now vitamins in the can. I laughed as I read the back of the can the first time. I smiled and told Charlotte that she'll have no problem getting her daily allowance of these essential vitamins. In fact, she might even exceed her daily allowance (might could easily read will). What will they think of next?

We try all new Diet Coke products. In the end I think Diet Coke Plus will go the way of Diet Coke with Lemon (tastes like a cleaning product). But "Plus" does come in attractive packaging, so maybe the marketing will work. We'll see what happens, Plus may survive.

As a sidebar but still keeping with the Diet Coke theme. Charlotte keeps www.mycokerewards.com among her favorite websites. Think of it as a frequent flyer program for Coca-Cola products. A frequent drinker program if you will. In fact my favorite pink hat that Charlotte wears was earned twelve ounces at a time. (She prefers fountain drinks but she can't earn points from those...yet.)

So there you have it, a blog post about Diet Coke. Those of you who aren't here by accident knew it would only be a matter of time. Maybe one day we'll make a pilgrimage to Mecca.......Atlanta, the World of Coca-Cola .

Have a coke and a smile. :)

No comments: