Thursday, May 1, 2008

Perspective today

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits
and in His word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5

I can't encourage memorizing scripture enough. This verse has been rattling around in my head all day today. I have repeated it incessantly thinking through it and wrestling with it.

What do I wait on the Lord for?
Do I wait for the Lord to solve all my problems, certainly no. (Paul would say, "may it never be"). I wait for the Lord to fulfill His word and be glorified. Is He glorified in our day today, without question yes. Has today, or the past few days been fun, certainly no and I don't wish to repeat them but God has been glorified.

I have a wife and children who love their little sister deeply. Sarah's nurse said that most times she sees children come in losing weight like this it is due to neglect. Their parents simply aren't feeding them. This is not our case and I'm thankful for a wife who protects her children ferociously.

There was another lady on our floor who stopped in to see Sarah. She told me her baby was Sarah's size awhile ago. I asked if her baby was getting better to which she replied, no, my baby will never get better, he's terminally ill. At this point my heart sank. What do you say to that?

Philipians 4:19 promises that God will supply all our needs. Our family needed so many things today, and God was faithful to fulfill His word by meeting our needs. The nurse and the lady with the terminally ill child gave me perspective and that was something I needed today. Our problems aren't solved, and I wouldn't say this is enjoyable but I will say that...

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits
and in His word I put my hope.

1 comment:

Megan Kuemmerlin said...

so true...Psalm 145:18 love you!